Old December 28th 03, 11:03 PM
Diverd4777

In article , Neil Bell
writes:

I know this radio has a great reputation for SW reception, My
question is how does it do on BCB MW reception??

BCB

Hmmm.....
- OK

An external antenna helps;
but this is NOT IMHO a bcb heavy receiver;
It's designed NOT to really pick up BCB too well ( This eliminates overload)
you'd have to have Mods done to make it a BCB heavy set..

- However, I can usually pick up BCB stations ~1000 miles away..

Is an external speaker really needed?

IMHO, yes...
Either headphones, or Computer-type speakers;
( I mean, No sense in Icom making a Huge cabinet with a Huge speaker
if you can
have a " here's the signal" internal speaker
& a port for a good set of external speakers;

~ Dan ~

Neil Bell