Old December 29th 03, 12:20 AM
Tony Meloche

Neil Bell wrote:

I know this radio has a great reputation for SW reception, My
question is how does it do on BCB MW reception??

It's very good - but I honestly feel it's no better than the
SuperRadio III in that regard (although that is very good, indeed).
Note I use it with a longwire - with a tunable loop, it might be even
better yet.

Is an external speaker really needed?

The built-in speaker is OK for momentary monitoring. But if you
aren't a dedicated headphone user, yes - I would get an external
speaker. The little RCA 40-5000 that Radio Shack sells for around $20
is fine for the purpose.

Tony