Old December 29th 03, 03:20 AM
John Barnard

Yep, this is a good time of the year to be doing some MW DXing. CBW in
Winnipeg (990 kHz) comes in very well during the daytime here in Edmonton.
A few Washington state stations also seem to come in quite well across
the Rockie Mountains. Now if I could only find and eliminate a severe
noise pest then I could really put the KIWA loop to good use.

John Barnard

Drake R-8B
KIWA MW loop
MW550P preselector/tuner

Ron Hardin wrote:

The sun is low, the sun is quiet, and daytime MW is pretty spectacular

WFAN 660 NYC is booming in in Central Ohio at noon. Well, not booming
in, but easily above the noise. You have to null away locals on the
same frequency.

http://rhhardin4.home.mindspring.com/wfannoon.ra (43k)
(they give the station and the time, a handy instant to show)

That's something under 500 miles eastward.
--
Ron Hardin

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk