Old December 29th 03, 09:55 PM
Tony Meloche

Kenneth wrote:

I know this radio has a great reputation for SW reception, My
question is how does it do on BCB MW reception??

It's very good - but I honestly feel it's no better than the
SuperRadio III in that regard (although that is very good, indeed).
Note I use it with a longwire - with a tunable loop, it might be even
better yet.

Good joke, but in serious here what one of the top reviewer have to
say about the R-75:Excellent ultimate selectivity and good dinamic
range for faint signals,Dsp with aut notch filter helps improve
intelligibility of some tough signals and reduce heterodyne.Two levels
pre-amp allows excellent sensitivity to weak signals.After the removal
of the MW attenuator [Pete's mod]my R-75 have .07 uv sensitivity
figure in the MW band.In your complaining

I didn't complain - I am very happy with the I-75's MW capabilities.

you don't mention the
antenna you are using

Yes, I did - I said I was using a 110'longwire.

and this is one of the most neglected points in
Mw dxing.With a first rate antenna you can overcome most of your MW
receptions problems.You can try a Kiwa loop, Justice ant or quantum
loop [internal] or a external loop like the K9AY.

I deduced myself that it would probably give even better performance
with a loop - didn't you read my response?

Tony