Old December 30th 03, 01:07 AM
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

In article , tommyknocker wrote:

Israel Radio has a couple freqs of Hebrew language programming for the
diaspora, and Galei Zahal (sp?) which broadcasts techno music to the
troops and is occasionally heard in NAm.

The IDF operates two stations: Galei Tzahal, known by it's Hebrew
acronym galatz, which is aimed at the troops, which in the U.S. would be
the after high school crowd.

Galatz is required by law to play mostly Israeli music, which would normally
leave them ignored by the soldiers. So they inveted GALGALATZ (Galei Tzhal
on wheels), which is supposed to be a mobile news and entertainment station
run by Galatz. Since it is "temporary", it is not subject to the law.

I've been here 7 years, and Galgalatz was on the air before I got here. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 972-54-608-069
Icq/AIM Uin: 2661079 MSN IM: