Old June 22nd 04, 10:16 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard Clark wrote:
(Cecil once tried to argue its
characteristic Z was 40 Ohms to deflect a thread)

Absolutely false! I said ***IF*** it's Z0 was 40 ohms, then the results
you gave were predictable. You continue to be ignorant of the implications
of a conditional statement. May I recommend, "Logic, an Introduction", by Ruby.

Here's a refresher: If the 'IF' part of a conditional statement is false,
then the 'THEN' part of that conditional statement is true, by definition.

My statement went something like this: If the Z0 of your transmission line
was 40 ohms, then those results are perfectly predictable.

That is a perfectly *TRUE* statement under any and all conditions.

If you don't understand that fact of logic, please study and learn it and stop
misquoting me. If you do already understand that fact of logic, please stop
lying about what I said. Misquoting and lying are *both* unethical.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp