Old June 25th 04, 12:54 AM
Mark

The only time I've heard of birds coming out on the short end of the
deal was at a VOA transmitter site in Ohio running megawatts of power
along open feed lines. I'm sure your maximum forward power wouldn't
even approach their reflected power (grin).

Mark

--
On 23 Jun 2004 12:17:49 GMT, (AA5QT) wrote:

For the first time in many years, I'm about to put up a 20 meter monobander on
a tower. The XYL is asking questions I cannot answer, specifically relating to
RF and birds. I wouldn't want to be a bird sitting on an element when a KW is
supplied to it? Are my concerns valid?

Gary K5QT

Mark