Old June 25th 04, 06:48 AM
Jerry Martes

Bob

If you are still uncertain about what angle to use for a V with 1/4 waves
per side, you might get alot of insite from how good LPV antennas are
designed. The basic idea used for the LPV depends on the pattern from each
side of the V to combine to provide good directivity at that frequency where
the elements are 3/4 wave long.

Jerry

"Bob Wood" wrote in message
V Beam antenna question

I want to put up a 40M V Beam antenna to enhance communication in one
direction only. From the limited design information that I have found, I

am
thinking of 3/4 wavelength on each side with a horizontal separation angle
of either 72 degrees or 120 degrees. I have seen both separation angles
listed as optimum for maximum gain. I was wondering if anyone knew for

sure
which angle would produce the best result. Also, and actually most
important, I need to have some idea of what the feed point impedance might
be. I can feed it with ladder line or good coax and a balun but I am not
sure what balun to use or would it be better to use ladder line? I sure
would appreciate any guidance on this antenna project.

Bob
W5QCP