Old January 3rd 04, 03:32 PM
Norskie Ned

Subject: Icom R-75 question
From: (Kenneth)
Date: 1/3/2004 7:05 AM Central Standard Time
Telamon wrote in message
.

For example a ten-tec RX-340? This one have some flaws too and
cost $3,950.The sync selectable sideband lose look relatively
easily,Passport recomend an external Sherwood SE-3 [500.00],poor
dynamic range,static crashes sound harsher than on analog
receivers.Spurious signal noted around 6MHZ segment,notch filter
does not work in AM,Sync selectable sideband or ISB modes,Noise
blanker not effective ect, ect, ect,.What about a Drake R8B?
Cost $1,495, This one have a lot of flaws too,for example the
power supply run very hot,[a remedy is to use an external power
supply],bassy sound "virtually requieres a outboard speaker"
[Passport],a cheap mechanical encoder used to have an above
-average failure rate [Why not an optical one like in the AOR
7030+],a lot of birdies and background hiss [from the synthesizer
board and some poor shielding and grounding techniques ect ect
ect..... But what about companies like Ten-tec and drake .Ten tec

owners are
still waiting for the RX-350 sync det fixing and others flaws
fixing[check the complains in the RX-350 yahoo group].What about the
Ten Tec flaws that you can read in passport to world band? Why they
don't fix then? An now we are talking about a $3,999 receiver.What
about Drake R8b encoders,birdies,synthesizer circuit noise ect
ect,?All companies including Icom make excuses and try to compensate
with more advertizings in shortwave radio guides.But the difference
with Icom is that they decrease the R-75 price form $1,100 to $450.00
or $525.00 and are including a free DSP but Drake and others are
increasing the price of their receiver but they are not raising the
quality standards,.

It is reasonable to differ over wants and needs but specifications or
facts are generally not arguable. If you misunderstand what someone has
wrote and continue to argue some point (several actually) as you have
been doing your credibility will be zero.

"If you have a glass roof don't throw stones to others".I did the
tests and I did the research looking for others experiences,expert
reviews,an articles and after dozens of e-mails received from others
honest drake and ten tec owners that want to fix their receivers flaws
and not hide the facts [their receivers flaws] under the rug I react
to others postings.If you check the R-75 yahoo group you will see
honest owners sharing the pro and con of the R-75 and in the process
finding the answers and solutions to their radio few problems.The myth
of the perfect receiver without any flaw was found to be false.For
example check the passport reviews and see for yourself all the ten
tec 340 flaws that they found.If for you, passport credibility is zero
thats ok with me,but if you like to go to a group like this posting
about why you don't like the Icom receiver this is your privilege but
don't begin to groan and talk about "zero credibility" if someone
point out your own receiver faults.

What's the frequency Kenneth?

Ya Sure, You Betcha.............
Olaf Tonder Johan Benjaminssen