Old January 3rd 04, 04:41 PM
RedOctober90

Mike wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:04:45 +1030, "Stephen Newlyn"
wrote:

29 November 2003 at 0730 utc. Time Signal Station WWVH Hawaii 15 Mhz.
Received "Traditional Boat" QSL and also QSL letter signed by Dean T.
Okayama (Engineer in Charge) Also received a colour photo of their
Transmitter site and brochure on their station in one month via Air for no
reply postage.

Back in 1995, I was in Kauai,and stopped by the transmitter in Kekaha.
The engineers were more than happy to give me a tour of the facility
and view the transmitters which are cooled by seawater as the site is
on the beach (and beautiful!!)
I never thought of it, but they mentioned that the electricity bill
cost a fortune.
I understand they no longer give tours of the facility.

Mike

Back in the days before the terrorist paranoia begun.