Old June 23rd 04, 12:07 PM
David Harper

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message hlink.net...

Not sure
what you mean about the margin to make out audio. For FM singnals .5 uv
should give you good audio with a trace of noise and at 1 uv it should be
almost full quietning (for FM that is all the hissing noise should dissapear
out of the audio ) .

First of all, thanks for the info!

What I mean by margin is:

Transmit strength (dB) + Receiver sensitivity (dB) - path loss (dB) =
margin (dB)

If I understand what you're saying correctly, with a margin of 0 you
can still make out decent audio? I thought there'd still be too much
S/N ratio or not enough "signal" for the amp to work with in order to
get "hearable" audio at 0 margin?

Thanks again!
Dave