Old January 4th 04, 06:36 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Sel wrote:

Telamon wrote:

I'm glad you are happy with the R75 but I have read the manual and I

So, you haven't actually used or owned one? but you are happy to tell
others not to buy!

Well Sel in a perfect world I would but I don't have unlimited time and
money so I've done the next best thing and researched it. I've read many
different people opinions that do own it, read the manual, read about
the design modifications to get the R75 up to speed.

The R75 has nothing new in the way of features or performance that I
already have with the other radios I own.

And?

And what?

I would not call the way the squelch / RF gain knob operates as
intuitive and from reading the manual

See above.

So what are you trying to say, that another aspect of the radio does not
follow the operation instructions in the manual?

it seems to me a novice could

I didn't say a novice could not just that they could more easily get
themselves in trouble with the R75. I would not call the AOR7030+ a
beginner radio either.

easily get the radio in a condition where nothing would be heard from
it or have the sound grossly distorted.

This has never happened to me.

Well good for you.

It seems to me you qualify for the title of expert. Someone who helps
people go wrong with confidence.

Thanks for conferring the title of expert upon me.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California