Old January 4th 04, 06:28 PM
Kenneth

starman wrote in message ...
Pete KE9OA wrote:
snipped

On the subject of the R75, I know, the sync detector isn't the best in the
world

Pete,

Have you thought about incorporating one of your sync' detector designs
to the R75? It might prove to be the ultimate sync' mod for it.

Yes an maybe better than the R8b sync det [a very good one]
but not perfect Pete is a great designer and he inspired and working
very hard now in his sync det project.My own R-75 sync det [with a 339
comparator mod] is working for me an greatly reduce fading distortion
and diminishing and eliminating adjacent channel interference and is
sideband selectable [manually] using a 2.4 stock filter and selecting
manually [with the twin PBT] the less interfered of the two
sideband.Yes the R8b sync use a different aut sync circuity but if my
R75 sync det is working ok, then what is the motive for keep yearning
for the "ultimate sync"?