Old January 4th 04, 07:56 PM
Telamon

In article ,
(Kenneth) wrote:

starman wrote in message
Pete KE9OA wrote: snipped

On the subject of the R75, I know, the sync detector isn't the
best in the world

Pete,

Have you thought about incorporating one of your sync' detector
designs to the R75? It might prove to be the ultimate sync' mod for
it.

Yes an maybe better than the R8b sync det [a very good one]
but not perfect Pete is a great designer and he inspired and working
very hard now in his sync det project.My own R-75 sync det [with a
339 comparator mod] is working for me an greatly reduce fading
distortion and diminishing and eliminating adjacent channel
interference and is sideband selectable [manually] using a 2.4 stock
filter and selecting manually [with the twin PBT] the less interfered
of the two sideband.Yes the R8b sync use a different aut sync
circuity but if my R75 sync det is working ok, then what is the
motive for keep yearning for the "ultimate sync"?

Keep dreaming about making the R75 sync as well as the R8B. And be sure
to show some objective tests when you get a chance.

I traded in a R8 for an R8B for the design improvements in the sync
circuits.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California