Old January 4th 04, 10:14 PM
RHF

So I Said To Myself... SELF !

How Effective are these Modifications to the Icom IC-R75 Owner ?
{ The Icom IC-R75 Question -&- The Question of the Icom IC-R75 }

I guess that there is value, Value. and VALUE !

"value," = Simple Cost of an Product or Service.

"Value." = Cost and Benefit = Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA).

"VALUE !" = The 'personal' "Value" that an Individual or
a Group places on, or assigns to, a Product or Service.
(The Social Dynamic {Status} of the Purchase and Ownership.)

EXAMPLE: Drake R8_ Owners -=V=- Icom R75 OWNERS.

* The Drake R8_ Owner may have the better radio out of
the box and takes pride in owning a higher prices radio.
TBL: The Drake R8_ has "Value."

* The Icom R75 OWNER gets a lower cost radio and does,
or has done, some Modifications to the basic radio.
The Icom R75 now becomes "MY ICOM R75" the Icom R75 Owner
becomes and "OWNER" and through the Modification Process
developes a 'personal' Relationship with HIS "R75".
TBL: The Icom R75 has "VALUE !" to the Icom R75 "OWNER".

Sort-a-Like Automobiles:

* The 'average' "New Car" Owner Likes their New Car and
Enjoys Driving It. (Has the Status that a New Car Confers.)

* The 'individual' who OWNS and Older Restored Car
from the 1950s - 1960s (The Golden Age of Automobiles)
has a 'personal' "Relationship" with MY CAR.
TBL: Love It -or- Hate It = ITS "MY" CAR !

The Psychology of Ownership
- - - = = = V = = = - - -
The Psychosis of OWNERSHIP !
(YES - It's a Fine Madness !)

awc? ~ RHF
= = = Are We Communicating ?
..
..
= = =
= = = (RHF) wrote in message . com...

STARMAN,

"BTW- I guess it was just a matter of time before this subject
came around again. I think it's clear who got it going. This
will be my only reply. I don't care who gets the last word."

POF - Actually it all re-started when "BH" posted this and
never responded after two requests for details and facts.

* * * * B O M B S - A W A Y * * * *
Bill Hennessy )
Subject: Icom R-75 question
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 2003-12-29 11:40:58 PST
Icom has quality control problems.
Thay work great, when thay work.
Bill, N5NOB
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

wmcis ~ RHF
.
.

= = = starman
= = = wrote in message ...

All receivers have design problems.

The design of any receiver is a compromise of cost vs. performance.
I prefer to pay more for a receiver that doesn't need many (if any)
mod's, than to pay less up front and then spend more time and money
to get it working acceptably.