Old January 5th 04, 08:00 AM
starman

Brian Denley wrote:

Brian:
One more thing: It's true that a well grounded coax shield will prevent the
lead-in from acting as part of the antenna BUT you actually have to ground
BOTH ends of the shield (on the lead-in) to make this effective.

I haven't found this to be so in my case. The coax shield on my low
noise inverted-L is grounded only at the bottom of the antenna's single
wire downlead, which is close to the ground. The coax runs about 75-ft
along the ground to the house, then up one story to the receiver. There
is no ground on the receiver end of the coax. The noise from home
applicances is almostly completely gone now with this antenna
configuration.