Old January 5th 04, 02:29 PM
RHF

STARMAN,

Do you have a separate Ground at the Shack for your equipment
independent of the Ground which is 'outside' at the Antenna ?
( If NOT - IMHO - You Should. )

If YES - Then when you 'connect' the Radio-End of the Coax Cable
to the Radio it is again Grounded.

TBL: Which means you have a Grounding Point at both Ends of the coax Cable.

iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = starman
= = = wrote in message ...

Brian Denley wrote:
One more thing: It's true that a well grounded coax shield will
prevent the lead-in from acting as part of the antenna BUT you
actually have to ground BOTH ends of the shield (on the lead-in)
to make this effective.

Starman wrote:
I haven't found this to be so in my case. The coax shield on my
low noise inverted-L is grounded only at the bottom of the antenna's
single wire downlead, which is close to the ground. The coax runs
about 75-ft along the ground to the house, then up one story to the
receiver. There is no ground on the receiver end of the coax.
The noise from home applicances is almostly completely gone now
with this antenna configuration.

..

..

..