Old January 6th 04, 04:25 AM
Brian Denley

starman wrote:

I haven't found this to be so in my case. The coax shield on my low
noise inverted-L is grounded only at the bottom of the antenna's
single wire downlead, which is close to the ground. The coax runs
about 75-ft along the ground to the house, then up one story to the
receiver. There is no ground on the receiver end of the coax. The
noise from home applicances is almostly completely gone now with this
antenna configuration.

Starman:
My random wire coax feedline is also only grounded at one point (the center,
oddly enough) but the fact is that for the feedline to effectively not act
as part of the antenna, the shield must me grounded at BOTH ends. Is one
point better than nothing? Sure.

Like you, I live with it because I find it difficult to implement.

--
Brian Denley