Old January 6th 04, 04:53 AM
J M Noeding

Default Magnetic Loop antennas for LF and MF reception

Hi

put some info about my experiments with magnetic antennas
(frame antennas) for LF (136kHz) and MF/MW
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/L2.htm

It seems to be no point to use an amplifier as long as you her
distinctly that the noise is peaked when tuning the antenna to
ressonance

Noiise problems with magnetic loops seemes to be a myth, but might be
possible if the construction is bad enough. I have experienced that
the magnetic loop has been the only possible choice in times when
HF/MF reception has been totally blocked when using wire antenna
(dipole) because of arcing noise from the nearby power line

Jan-Martin

--
Amount of SPAM is so large that MailWasher must delete 99% of the incoming mails
Cannot check every email manually. Please use intelligent title for email.