Old August 16th 03, 03:51 AM
G.Beat

With so much 1/2" and 3/4" end of reel scraps at your local cable TV
franchise (most for free - to cart away) -
the disposal guys charge the CATV companies to take it away !!

The number of web links (amateur web pages) should give you an idea of how
many hams are using the CATV cable - especially
for VHF and UHF frequencies !

http://jonz.net/W3DHJ/catvhardline.html

http://www.n1bug.net/tech/catvline.html

http://www.rogerhalstead.com/conn.htm

http://www.qsl.net/k4pwo/connector.htm

http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/w8zd.html

http://www.mindspring.com/~daverice/radio/hardline.htm

http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbti...gineering.html

http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/wireless/ha...onnectors.html

w9gb

"W7TI" wrote in message
Has anyone ever made their own hardline? I'm thinking 1/2 inch copper
water pipe with a center conductor supported by some plastic discs
spaced every so often. You might not get it exactly to 50 ohms but I'd
think the loss would be so low it wouldn't really matter.

Comments?

--
73, Bill W7TI