Old January 6th 04, 08:21 AM
George Blomfield

On 29 Dec 2003 22:57:25 GMT, (Radioman390) wrote:

Drake 8b

will run circles around any Winradio if you intend to DX foreign "split"
frequencies.

I beg to disagree: Try them both side by side and you will see.
The Winradio G303 will extract weak signals from noise with such ease
that you won't believe it.

Also, with the Professional Demodulator option for the G303, you can
adjust the IF bandwidth continuously, from 1 Hz to 15 kHz, in 1Hz
steps. Can't do this on the Drake I am afraid... It is amazing what
difference this makes on noisy bands, being able to optimize the
IF bandwidth to suit a particular signal.

Just my 2c worth.

George