Old January 7th 04, 01:44 AM
Charles Hawtrey

(WShoots1) with the help of 999 monkeys eventually
managed to type:

Nice schematic diagram, Gregg, but quite a complex circuit for use on a solid
state receiver

I have a simple one I built for my DX-392, using an LM317T, a pot for setting
the desired voltage, and the usual parts, including a center tapped 6.3 vac
transformer. I bought all of the parts, including the minibox, at Radio Shack.

I guess I'd better get busy and post my drawing as a web page. I first wanted
to refine it with notes so others could build it.

Do you heatsink the LM317T? I've been using a similar circuit
(substituting a wall wart for the transformer) as a battery charger
and the heatsink barely gets warm. I wonder if it'd be possible to
build a really compact unit without the heatsink, maybe even putting
it inside the wallwart package.

--
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on, but what was the truth doing with no pants on in the