Old January 7th 04, 02:17 PM
N8KDV

Kenneth wrote:

And just when did I ever say I used an external AC adapter with either my
R8 or my R8B?

Check RRS archives.....

I suggest you go find it...

As for the modifications to same, has it ever occurred to you, pea brain,
that if the modifications truely, and let me emphasise the word TRUELY,
needed to be performed, then someone would have come up with a way to do
them?

Hey "respetable gentleman","truely" is not the correct word the
correct word is truly.

You've failed to answer my question.

You 'seem' to know a 'little bit' about
electronics, Yes you are correct here I
don't know "a little bit" about electronics.Everybody know that you
are the "genius" here.
ask the question of why you seem to be so

inclined to perform so many mods
on the R75, and never seem to have done any on the R8B and/or R8 that you
once claim to have owned?

The R8B need a new design not some mods.My suggetions are that they
need to work with grounding and shielding new tehniques [for the
birdies,background hiss and synthesizer phase noise] a pro optical
encoder and better filters with better shape skirt factor [like the
ones in the drake R7], 1hz increments tunning steps,better keypad and
tunning knob and a nide DSP ect ect... not an easy task .

Not an easy task huh? Should be 'easy' for someone with your technical 'prowess'. And still, you've not really answered my question.

Yes "the kind misteriously and gentleman R75 man" again.Nice story
for a radio novel.

Well Kenneth, you're already on your way in writing the fictional "R75-Great Radio" novel...

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers"
"Drake, the DXer's choice"
"Drake, when you care to listen with the very best"