Old January 7th 04, 03:04 PM
DeWayne

"Kenneth" wrote in message
om...
"DeWayne" wrote in message

"Kenneth" wrote in message
om...

I have an R75 and like it very much, but I have also owned an R8B and

loved
it! All of the problems you're magnifying are extremely minor, except

for
the encoder. It seems to me that you are bashing the R8B because it's
American made.

Yes R8B flaws [synthesizer phase noise,background hiss,birdies,cheapy
encoder,K'mart keypad ect ect [yes,I agree, for the funny tunning
knob there is a remplacement available]. .....receiver "running very
hot" even turned off ect ect....
Drake R8B "extremely minor problems" and you sold it and now have a R-75?

I sold my R8B because I needed the money. Not because I didn't love it
because I did! The R75 is the best choice for the money for me at this time.
I am retired with three members of my family in college. I would LOVE to
have another R8B. Just a note about Icom's encoders. I have been hearing on
the ham bands that they are having a nightmare with the encoders in their
high priced transceivers.

DeWayne