Old January 7th 04, 04:20 PM
David Eduardo

"Tony Meloche" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Tony Meloche" wrote in message
60 and 49 meter band were crapola tonight, so I did some MWDX.
Excellent conditions - pulling in loud and clear stations from Mexico,
Cuba and Belize.

I thought medium wave in Belice shut down years and years ago.

The station has no call, oddly, but it's 50,000W unlimited day and
night, as of the 1/1/04 WHAM logs. No other all-Spanish station with
music and programming indigenous to the Lastin world (in other words, it
was not a Spanish broadcasting USA station) anywhwere near that close
with that kind of transmitter. References I could pick up in Spanish
also indicated Belize City. It was as clear as suburban AM for quite a
while on 830 AM, though hampered by WCCO in Minneapolis.

Belize, the former British Hondras, is predominantly English speaking.

US Spanish stations, musically, often sound _identical_ to Latin American
stations.