Old January 7th 04, 03:24 PM
Kenneth

(GrtPmpkin32) wrote in message ...

I am, like DeWayne, the happy owner of an R75, AND I owned a Drake R8B for
three years. The R8B is an awesome receiver, and the problems you're blowing
all out of proportion are as DeWayne says, minor and infrequent (I never ONCE
had a problem with the encoder or tuning knob)...

synthesizer phase noise,background hiss,birdies,cheapy mechanical
encoder with high failure rate,NO DSP,no 1hz tunning steps
increments,K'mart keypad,poor grounding and shielding techniques,not
pro filters[with excellent shape factor skirts selectivity,notch
filter does not tune under 500hz,run very hot even turned off ect ect
If you want to call this "minor" and "infrequent" problems this is your privilege.
now, and don't really know what your point has been all along.

point:All receiver have flaws ALL RECEIVERS ,and
another point is: a moded receiver can surpass in hard core dxing a
most expensive receiver.
Yes, I tend to champion the R75 when
discussing it with fellow (or soon-to-be)
SWL's for its price range, performance, and overall flexibility for most users.

The Drake R8B also has its fair share of detractors, but

unlike your posts
here, they tend to state a few LOGICAL reasons why they don't wish to buy an
R8B, any one of which makes SENSE compared to your 'facts' given

My R8B flaws facts "no give sense" compared with other
logical reasons? I keep with my scientific side by side test facts an
leave the "logic reasoning" to the studious.
Like a few teen-minded

defenders of some dubious radio products

They have the the freedom to
defend their radios, what the problem with that.? you're being
ridiculous, and show it more
with every heated, self-defensive post about differing OPINIONS and
preferences.

I quoted passport,white papers,past post from this
group archives,experts articles,I did the side by side test and for me
your reaction is only a failed intent to sweep the facts under the
rug.
advice I have received and have given others:
Quit looking for black-and-white in radios. It will NEVER exist.

At last you got it;all radios have pro's and flaws."Get everything
right" commercial advertisement is only a nice myth.