Old January 7th 04, 04:29 PM
Tony Meloche

David Eduardo wrote:

"Tony Meloche" wrote in message

Doug Smith W9WI wrote:

I'm willing to accept that 830 wasn't Belize, and that station may
not even exist anymore. But I listened for 90 minutes, and with the
exception of a rolling-voiced announcer making comments about the
"fantastic" station, there was no ID during that time - which is exactly
what I typically hear on Latin, South American and Carribean stations.

IDs on US Spanish statins can now be in Spanish,a nd are oftendone so fast
as to not be noticable, generally burried in a commercial set.

That's true enough - they may have ID'd and I didn't catch it.

Nothing else in the frequency listing has an output power anywhere near
50,000W, and I doubted that I would be getting reception that strong and
clear from a 10 or 25kw station in Brazil or Venezuela (though I know
what unusually good prop can do on occasion).

They do not speak Spanish in Brazil, either. Again, Belize is officially
English speaking.

I know they speak Portuguese in Brazil, and I can tell Portuguese
from Spanish - Brazil was a bad example, of course. And I do believe
now that it certainly wasn't Belize, at any rate.

Tony