Old January 8th 04, 12:32 AM
Diverd4777

Try Walking around the area
with a SWR tuned to a station you hear the " Hummmm" on
This will give you a better idea of just Where to send the power company.

This is where the cheap Jwin type radios come in handy;
the " Humm" will overload
into just about everything :-)

In article , tommyknocker
writes:

I tried driving around the area with my car radio tuned to a nonoccupied
AM channel, but any static from the poles was drowned out by static from
the engine. Seriously, every time I accelerated I could hear it on the
radio. I guess Ford only shields radios for FM. Also, it rained last
night but this morning I could still hear the hum on my Yaesu. Should I
just call the power company, tell them there might be a hot pole in my
area, and let them figure it out?