Old January 8th 04, 02:02 AM
Maximus

I'm certain that the origen of my interference problem is computer
generated. With all the rotten weather here, it was less than usual. I did
manage to hear 2.310 ABC NT Service Alice Springs in Australia which I
haven't heard in a while s.
We have a silver thaw. I got up at 06:00 and took my flashlight out onto the
deck to see what was happening with the trees. Some branches were hanging
low on the buildings. I noticed one of my antenna wires was hanging low, so
I walked over to the sagging wire and found a branch off the fir tree
hanging off the wire, but the wire was not broken. So I detached the wires
from under the eaves and tied them to the pole my tv antenna is on, and ran
them back into the house through the window and under the screen s. The
other source of annoying interference is the new power meters they put in
that transmit data to a central location via radio, but they are on uhf.
"Diverd4777" wrote in message
Try Walking around the area
with a SWR tuned to a station you hear the " Hummmm" on
This will give you a better idea of just Where to send the power company.

This is where the cheap Jwin type radios come in handy;
the " Humm" will overload
into just about everything :-)

In article , tommyknocker
writes:

I tried driving around the area with my car radio tuned to a nonoccupied
AM channel, but any static from the poles was drowned out by static from
the engine. Seriously, every time I accelerated I could hear it on the
radio. I guess Ford only shields radios for FM. Also, it rained last
night but this morning I could still hear the hum on my Yaesu. Should I
just call the power company, tell them there might be a hot pole in my
area, and let them figure it out?