Old June 26th 04, 04:33 PM
Ralph Mowery

I did not say you were wrong. Just asking if you knew for a fact, or were
guessing. It could be done with 3 wires.

I have not looked at a CM in about 15 years but the one then that had 3
wires did not have any feedback to give any indication the antenna was even
turning but relied on the two motors to turn at the same speed. The U-100
type rotators used a 4 th wire for the 'clicker'. The rotation on both
types were determined by which one of the two winding got the direct power
and which one was connected to the capacitor . It takes 3 wires to do that.