Old January 8th 04, 08:14 PM
Eric F. Richards

(Kenneth) wroted:

Do you know that the Ten Tec RX340 and R-75 passport laboratory
measurements were conducted in your friend Bob Sherwood laboratory?

Do you speak english? Are you dyslexic? What drugs are you ON?

Here Bob RX-340 [$3,999]test findings:

Wrong price.

The sync selectable sideband
lose look relatively
easily,

Early firmware fix.

Passport recomend an external Sherwood SE-3 [500.00],

For most radios, and for those they don't it's often because the
combined cost will put you into another radio's class.

poor
dynamic range,

The 81 dB is killing me. If I mod it I can get 100 dB at 5 kHz.

static crashes sound harsher than on analog
receivers.

They do. It's shortwave radio -- shut up and deal.

Spurious signal noted around 6MHZ segment,

A SINGLE, weak, spur. I've never found it, BTW.

notch filter does
not work in AM,Sync selectable sideband or ISB modes,Noise blanker not
effective ect, ect, ect,

Firmware fix, Kenneth. Maybe you should check what's going on before
you wroted anything down.

Maybe he recalled this RX-340 test when he laughed at you in
the hamfest.About his R-75 test:Oustanding rejection of spurious
signals,reception of faint signals alongside powerful competing ones ,
ultimate selectivity and good dynamic range.If you or anyone here keep
trying to put down the R-75 with subjetive statements I will react
with your own resources.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

You go play with your R-75, all features, no basic performance play
toy while the rest of us use real radios. I do believe that the front
panel of an RX-240 is too complex for you to use, though, so don't
bother trying to actually use the features.

--
Eric F. Richards,

"This book reads like a headache on paper."
http://www.cnn.com/2001/CAREER/readi...one/index.html