Old January 9th 04, 01:24 PM
Kenneth

Eric F. Richards wrote in message
Do you know that the Ten Tec RX340 and R-75 passport laboratory
measurements were conducted in your friend Bob Sherwood laboratory?

The sync selectable sideband
lose look relatively
easily,

Early firmware fix.

Passport in the evaluation of revised model page:A number of issues
persist:synchronous selectable sideband doesn't hold lock as well as
it should and various feature are limited by mode choice.In read in
the ten tec RX- 350 yahoo group that they are still waiting for some
of those "firmware fixings"
Passport recomend an external Sherwood SE-3 [500.00],

For most radios, and for those they don't it's often because the
combined cost will put you into another radio's class.

poor
dynamic range,

The 81 dB is killing me. If I mod it I can get 100 dB at 5 kHz.

Check the ten tec site page for the RX340 dynamic range and blocking
lab numbers
static crashes sound harsher than on analog
receivers.

They do. It's shortwave radio -- shut up and deal.

notch filter does
not work in AM,Sync selectable sideband or ISB modes,Noise blanker not
effective ect, ect, ect,

Firmware fix, Kenneth. Maybe you should check what's going on before
you wroted anything down.

Where I can read about this latest "firmware fixes" to the syn det?
Maybe he recalled this RX-340 test when he laughed at you in
the hamfest.About his R-75 test:Oustanding rejection of spurious
signals,reception of faint signals alongside powerful competing ones ,
ultimate selectivity and good dynamic range.If you or anyone here keep
trying to put down the R-75 with subjetive statements I will react
with your own resources.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

I don't did the test, you are insulting the wrong guy.
You go play with your R-75, all features, no basic performance play
toy while the rest of us use real radios. I do believe that the front
panel of an RX-240 is too complex for you to use, though, so don't
bother trying to actually use the features.

Yes for me any radio is a toy to play with it,a hobby,something to
have fun.Insulting [or trying to insult] people because they don't
like your expensive toy is a childish behavior.
Do you see what happens when you you try to "put
down" others receivers with sarcastic arguments and you have a glass
roof? .You get upset and start insulting everyone that don't like your
radio.You a suppposed respetable and honorable gentleman are only
projecting your repressed desires in your insults.One more point: To
insult people is the first sign of a poor argument. If you call
someone a loser, or an idiot it indicates that you don't have anything
intelligent to say and you are far less likely to attract support than
if you concentrate on the discussion topic.People who frequently base
their arguments around lines like "get a life" don't tend to be taken
too seriously.Relax we are talking only about a radio.
With best regards:
Ken