Old January 9th 04, 01:51 PM
Rob Mills

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
.net...

What did you purchase for a great price, or even get free?

Purchased at an estate sale a perfect looking (no scratches or worn spots)
working National NC-140 for $1.00. Don't know but suspect the folks holding
the sale thought it didn't work as it requires an external speaker which it
didn't have. I didn't ask if it worked or not and just assumed that due to
the asking price that it didn't. It was short the band switch knob which I
located on the internet. The damn knob cost me more than the radio.
About 30 years ago I walked out of an estate sale with an SP-600 and an
NC-183D for $60.00. The 183D looked almost new and every thing worked great.
The 600 looked a little ragged around the edges but was in great working
condition. RM~