Old January 10th 04, 03:15 AM
Tim Brown

In article ,
Ron Hardin wrote:

Since Thursday morning I've been hearing 120Hz hum on WFAN (NYC) 660,
does anybody else?

The R8B hears it except with DSB synch detection, so there's some
relation between I and Q channels that cancels the hum.

If I offtune 1 kHz and use CW, the 120Hz lines move up 1 kHz.

Other stations don't have it.

On the other hand I don't hear it on WFAN on other receivers, hence
this query. But I don't get a good WFAN signal on other receivers
either. The R8B is running on DC.

10:11 PM - I'm listening to them on my R-2368 receiver and hear
absolutely no hum at all (60, 120 or 180 Hz). Your receiver has a 50 kHz
IF frequency. You sure your not getting an image in there 50 kHz away
from 660 kHz (like WOR at 710 kHz)?

Tim Brown