Old January 10th 04, 12:23 PM
N8KDV

"Jim Shaffer, Jr." wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:45:21 -0500, Tim Brown wrote:

The warbling is SITOR. NMC call sign is a coastal station at Pt. Reyes,
California.

Sounds like this isn't related to the mystery signal the original poster heard,
then. I wonder what they were doing on a Coast Guard frequency?

How many times must we ID this station?

Not really a mystery at all. I was listening a bit ago and the two tones that are
being sent are most likely test tones sent by the transmiter, mark and space
perhaps like RTTY, then heard it go into what seems to be a SITOR idle. Then heard
it ID as NMC which is the Coast Guard COMMSTA in San Francisco (Pt. Reyes), CA.

This at 1215 UTC.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B