Old January 10th 04, 09:34 PM
Brian Hill

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

Hi Steve. How did you come up with that ant. on your website. It seems

work good.
Brian

Nothing much to the antennas, they are simply 70' and a 200' wires mounted
about 9' above the ground. I use matching transformers into coax, and the
coax is buried, then heading into the house.

The shot is from the end of the 100' wire, before I lengthened it to 200'.

They seem to work OK, and this is the type of antenna I've been using

since
about 1988 or so.

I plan on putting up a inverted vee for at least the 60 meter band this
coming summer.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Easy to maintain not being way up in the air. I like Vs. I had two out in CA
on my dads ranch when I was a kid. They were big. I used a tall eucalyptus
tree. To tie them from and it worked great.
--
73 and good DXing
RX:

Brian's Radio Universe