Old January 11th 04, 03:40 AM
Brian

Default my random wire

Not that anyone particularly wants to know, but I thought I would post the
results of my antenna experiment. I decided not to build the 9:1 matching
transformer because I kind of figured that it really wasn't going to make a
hell of a lot of difference, but mainly I just got lazy. Instead, for the
time being, I added a coax lead in and a ground. I used a 1/8 stereo adapter
to connect to my dx398 and shorted the ring terminal to ground so I could
use my antenna for MW also and the results were quite good. Before I changed
anything I was hearing seventeen am stations and most were pretty faint.
Afterwards I was getting all of those crystal clear plus another thirty two
at s-8 or more. I haven't tried SW much yet but the frequencies I checked
were about two signal levels lower in noise. I am happy. I think I will
have a beer.

Brian