Old January 11th 04, 04:26 AM
N8KDV

RHF wrote:

N8KDV,

Other then the fact that these two Antennas are basically
a "Low Noise Design" (LND) Random Wire Antenna:
GoTo= http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/pics.htm
* Wire Antenna Element (AE)
* Matching Transformer (MT)
* Grounding Point 'located' at the AE & MT Junction
* Coax Cable Lead-in-Line

QUESTION #1: How would you further Sub-Catagorize your Antennas ?

Seventy Foot LND Antenna:
[ ] Just-a-Basic 70 Ft. Low Noise Design Random Wire Antenna
[ ] Ground Effect {NVIS} 70 Ft. and Low Noise Design Random Wire Antenna
[ ] 20 Meter Band and above Long Wire Antenna that incorporates
the Low Noise Design Antenna Concepts of John Doty
GoTo=

Went back and re-read this and figured I had a question. What makes you think
this is a 20 meter and above antenna? Also, I'm afraid to point out that the
design pre-dates the John Doty concept. (as far as I know).

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/badx/ante...e_antenna.html

Two Hundred Foot LND Antenna:
[ ] Just-a-Basic 200 Ft. Low Noise Design Random Wire Antenna
[ ] Ground Effect {NVIS} 200 Ft. and Low Noise Design Random Wire Antenna
[ ] 60 Meter Band and above Long Wire Antenna that incorporates
the Low Noise Design Antenna Concepts of John Doty
GoTo=

Works good below 60 meters too, also on MW, as does the 70', see also my
design concept note above.

I thank John Bryant and Nick Hall-Patch for publishing the matching
transformer concept, and the general antenna design in the 1988 issue of
Proceedings, put out by the Fine Tuning radio group.

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/badx/ante...e_antenna.html

QUESTION #2: Do you still 'offer' For Sale your
"N8KDV" Ten-to-One (10:1) Matching Transformer ?
GoTo= http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/xfmr.htm

iane ~ RHF
.
.
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas and AM & FM Antennas eGroup at YAHOO !
.
.
= = = N8KDV
= = = wrote in message ...

Brian Hill wrote:

Hi Steve. How did you come up with that ant. on your website.
It seems to work good.
Brian

Nothing much to the antennas, they are simply 70' and a 200'
wires mounted about 9' above the ground.

I use matching transformers into coax, and the coax is buried,
then heading into the house.

The shot is from the end of the 100' wire, before I lengthened
it to 200'.

They seem to work OK, and this is the type of antenna I've been
using since about 1988 or so.

I plan on putting up a inverted vee for at least the 60 meter
band this coming summer.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B