Old January 11th 04, 10:12 AM
starman

Brian wrote:

I was wondering if the toroid I was going to bust out of an old broken icf
2001 would work for the 9:1 matching transformer I was building. And does
anyone know how to wind a toroid with two holes?

Brian

First, I'd sell the 2001 to someone that wants one for parts. If you
don't know what circuit of the 2001 the torroid is in, it might not be
suitable for HF use. You can buy 'binocular' torroids for a reasonable
price on -Dan's Small Parts- website (below). Look for a #43 ferrite
composition for HF use. Get one about 12-mm (0.5-inch) long.

http://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net/