Old January 11th 04, 10:26 AM
starman

Sanjaya wrote in message

Yesterday I was thinking about what a great deal I got
on the Radio Shack DX-399 (Sangean ATS-606)
when RS closed them out at $40. I bought 2.

That got me wondering what you consider to be
your "steal of a lifetime". The recent amazon.com
pricing of $150 for the Sony SW-07 comes to mind.

What did you purchase for a great price, or even get
free?

I guess it would have to be my Hallicrafters-S20R 'Sky Champion'. I
bought it for $15 decades ago. I used that radio more than any other
I've owned since then, which is quite a few radios.