Old June 24th 04, 04:35 AM
greg z

,
says...
Pardon me if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but hopefully
I can get an answer here.

What would be the best type of antenna for receiving FM radio stations
up 80 miles away(Tampa to the north, Fort Myers to the south)? The
antenna would be mounted outside, up to 30' high. Would an
omni-directional antenna work, or should I stick with a directional?

My TV antenna is up about 55', but the amplifier has the trap on and I
can only get the strongest of the signals.

Thanks in advance, SR1

My situation somewhat similar,watch TV stations 80 to 100+ miles
away, having a FM station 6 miles away and still wanting to listen
to FM stations 50 to 80miles away. I disabled the FM trap on the
mast mounted amp,split the sig in the house,than notched(trap) FM
from the line to the TV. DX tropo last year TV 800miles and FM about 400 miles.
73
Greg Z
to thine own sound be true
WG8Z