Old January 13th 04, 04:43 AM
fnddf2

Default Sangean, best FM reception: DT-110, DT-200V, or DT-300VW?

Hello all, this is my first time posting, so please take pity on the
newbie.

Anyway, I was wondering if some more knowledgable hobbyists out there
could help me out with some information on the Sangean pocket radios.
Basically, I have been searching Google Groups in the
rec.radio.shortwave newsgroup archives for information and have seen a
lot of good reviews on the Sangean radios. I couldn't find specific
information on which radio had the best FM reception, though. Is there
anyone who has tried all these products and knows which radio gets the
best FM?

I have read reviews of the DT-110 which suggest that its radio
reception is better than the DT-200V's. What about the DT-300VW's radio
reception?

Also, I have been looking around at Amazon.com (which has all these
radios available), and many of the reader reviews regarding the DT-110
say that FM reception was poor with the DT-110. Are these people crazy,
or do they have a point?

My work place is a steel frame building, which seems to be very
unforgiving with the other radios of my co-workers. Specifically, the
radio station I am trying to get is 89.5 FM, based in South Orange, NJ
(central New Jersey). My workplace is in Hackensack, NJ (North Jersey,
near NYC). Do you think that any of these radios have a chance of
getting some reception in a steel building? (I remember one post
mentioning SOME reception from the DT-110.)

Sorry for asking so many questions at once, but any answers would be
greatly appreciated.

Gus