Old January 13th 04, 11:21 AM
starman

Gary wrote:

My source at Eton Corporation has told me they have dropped the name
of Satellit 900 for their new radio, and it will only be marketed as
the Eton E1 XM. I know that the website for CES 2004 had both the E1
XM AND the Satellit 900 as exhibits, so my guess is that the decision
was made based on input at CES -- but only a guess. The reason was
not given to me.

The E1 XM will have 3 bandwidths (7.0, 4.0, 2.5) and passband tuning
among all the other goodies, so it will be the only true portable on
the market that I know of with 3 bandwidths and passband tuning. The
price will be around $560US.

The target release date is now the middle of this year. My opinion --
better to keep moving the release date ahead and GET IT RIGHT the
first time.

Is $560US the MSRP or the typical discounted price?