Old January 14th 04, 12:44 PM
starman

Sara wrote:

Go to the Icom IC-R75 eGroup on YAHOO!

FWIW: The Kiwa Mods are very good and make the Icom IC-R75 a better
Receiver.

Ok, I guess it's Kiwa not Kiwi. Should I just get all the Kiwa mods? I
listen to 7150 - 7300 in daytime lsb. I want to hear BBC, Radio
Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, maybe some Africans.

Eleven separate Files of specific Modifications for the Icom IC-R75.

IMHO: An using an External Speaker with the Icom IC-R75 is a MUST !

I have a cheap Radio Shack speaker hooked up and that helped A LOT! I
haven't installed the DSP yet. My Icom sounds good in lsb but AM is
just not as clear. Perhaps I don't have something set right? Filter
settings?

The Most Often Recommended External Speakers for the Icom IC-R75. That
were Suggested as working well with the Icom IC-R75 by the Members of
the eGroup.

TIP: Check-Out "Phil's R75 Cookbook" [PhilCook.pdf]
GoTo= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/icomr7...l%27s%20Shack/
In Phil's R75 Cookbook you will find many Helpful Hints on
"How To Get The Best Out Of Your Icom IC-R75".

Yes, I've been reading it. Thank you so much for helping.

Sara

Hi,

The Yahoo-R75 group are the experts on mod's for your radio. They can
advise you on what mod's are most important. I would suggest the AGC and
sync' detector mod's.
BTW- Soldering is easy to learn and it allows you to do all kinds of
things with electronics. You can get a low power soldering kit at Radio
Shack for about $15.00 If you also buy some componants such as an
assortment of resistors (about $3.00) and a basic printed circuit board
kit, you can practice soldering. You should also learn how to -unsolder-
parts for doing a mod'. This requires a few more tools which RS also
has. If you get really good at it, you might be able to do some of the
mod's on your R75! Have fun.