Old January 14th 04, 12:50 PM
starman

Jack wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:48:03 -0700, "diddo"
wrote:

Everytime I turn on my Pentium-4 PC, my shortwave signal gets completely
buried behind the noise. Beside shutting off the computer, what can I do to
eliminate this noise?

Thanks

Shut of the radio. g

Seriously, move your antenna outside, or as far from the computer as
possible and feed it using coaxial cable.

It's hard to use a portable radio with a whip antenna in the same room
as a computer or television. It will pick up a lot of noise. Here's what
I did to eliminate the noise (URL-below). It requires building an
antenna system outside with a good (RF) ground.

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/badx/ante...e_antenna.html