Old January 14th 04, 07:32 PM
RHF

AJG,

Here is a Compilation of a few "Ground" Messages posted to the
Shortwave Listerner (SWL) Antennas and AM & FM Antennas eGroup
on YAHOO:

* The UN-Ground when your Receiver is NOT Ground Zero !

* Ground Zero for your Receiver
= For the Earth of It, There Is a Ground !

* Ground Confusion
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...na/message/445

* The "Grounding-Point" = Ground Rods and Ground Wires ETC.

* GROUNDING = A Process of Alternatives
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...na/message/212

* An OutSide Ground for Better Safety and more . . .

* Indoor and Ouside Antenna Grounding
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...nna/message/77

iane ~ RHF
..
All are WELCOME at the "Antenna Ashram"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...na/message/502
..
..
= = = (Alan J Giddings)
= = = wrote in message . com...

Hello,

Can anyone offer me a little advice on the grouding of my SW
receivers? I have a couple old Soviet SW radios, a Sony SW77,
Sangean ATS909 and a new Degen 1102. I want to make a ground
that will work well with any of these receivers. What material
is best? Copper, Iron, Steel etc? A rod or plate? What is the
best type of cable to use as a lead-in to the receiver? Is there
an ideal length? Depending on where the radio will be the lenght
could be anything from 5ft to 30ft.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan