Old June 24th 04, 01:06 PM
Fractenna

I have listed 5 lots of NEW heavy duty antenna wire on ebay.

Please cleck on this link to see the listings and pictu
http://search.ebay.com/heavy-duty-an...sortpropertyZ1

I ship worldwide.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,

The claims you make about this wire don't sound right.

Stranded wire does emulate a conductor with the same, or slightly larger,
diameter. However, the increased, self-shielding surface area is very prone to
oxidation via mositure. Ergo the conductivity decreases somewhat over time. You
compare to #14 wire, which is fairly thin in this application. Perhaps you
should compare to a solid conductor of the same diameter, such as #10?

Stranded wire is used on LF and VLF transmitters because it is economically
impractical to make wire with very wide diameters. However, it is not the
STRANDING of the wire that's important, per se, but the overall diameter.

It's a good product, but the reasons you state for buying it don't make sense
to me. Perhaps you have some data that shows superior gain and bandwidth of
stranded copper compared to regular copper of the same diameter? I am not
familiar with any measurable differences in the apps you target. Kindly fill us
in if I am wrong.

I fear your potential buyers might assume substantial increases in gain and
bandwidth from your comments on the description, when, in fact, little benefit
, if any, is attained.

73,
Chip N1IR