Old June 24th 04, 01:28 PM
Bob Wood

Thanks again Mark,

I am currently located in South Central New Mexico and all of the stations
on the net are East and North East of my location. Since FB ratio is not a
concern for me I think your suggestion of an Extended Double Zepp (EDZ)
would work just fine. 0.64 wave on a side would work perfectly since the
0.75 wave per side that I had been considering was really pushing the size
of my back yard. I will have to look into the EDZ but am assuming that the
max radiation pattern would be broadside to the wire which would work
perfectly for me. I have enough room on the property to run an EDZ
North-South which would provide the East-West broadside radiation and if it
has any gain over a dipole, I will be ahead for sure. I know that I do not
have enough room on the property to install two elements so I think we will
now shoot for the EDZ and see how it works. Thanks so much for the ideas as
they have been enlightening.

Bob
W5QCP