Old June 27th 04, 05:49 PM
yea right

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:47:50 +0000, Fractenna wrote:

BPL comes into your house at the power company service box. Even if you
don not connect to it.

FACT: The Cedar Rapids deployment has a WLAN link from the pole. The
wires carry the 2-80 MHz. How does that go from 2-80 MHz --into-- the
house?

FULL FACT: plugin smart appliances are being promoted. How do they work
if the signal does not come into the house.

It creates S9++ signals from 2 to 80 MHz.

FACT: Sure, if you drive your 1972 Nova with 'HAM ON BOARD' sticker (for
example) under the power line, this is a consistently true statement.

FULL FACT: These levels are well documented and allowable within 33M of
any power line or household appliance.

affected nation wide is in the hundreds. For comparison, the number of
hams affected by tower erection restrictions is in the tens of
thousands.

FULL FACT: I am able to purchase a house where there are no tower
restrictions. With BPL, I have no choice except to disconnect from the
power grid on a house far from powerlines. Infact, you would need to be a
mile from powerlines.

FACT: Sure, if very nearby and unfiltered, this could be a problem.
However, the FCC rules require filtering for RFI mitigation in such
circumstances.

FULL FACT: So far, none of the hams reported anyone adding filtering and
the BPL industry has been unresponsive. Also, I listen to radios in the
bands from DC to daylight. I prefer to listen to foreign broadcast along
with amateur bands. How would they be able to keep ALL the bands clean?
Blocking foreign broadcast in any country is against the international
law. Our government must protect these bands from interference.

FACT: A vocal minority of hams want to 'kill BPL'. As opposed to working
with the power companies to fix the problem.

FULL FACT: Once BPL has a foothold, there will be very little chance of
having any issues resolved. All the other countries who tried BPL dumped
it.

FACT: The press has used this exchange, in many circumstances, to view
us with the jaundiced eye of being anti-technology and very out of date.
Why is it that they just don't see it as reason to 'kill BPL'?

FULL FACT: The media is for big business, owned by big business and
promotes big business. That is why the press has lost most all it's
respect from the people.

God Bless,

Chip N1IR

Chip, don't be so easly fooled! The BPL industry only has one goal in
mind, to make money. Radio enthusiast are their enemy.