Old January 16th 04, 06:46 PM
RHF

Default Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio

What's in a Name ? ? ? -&- And Will That Name Sell Itself ? ? ?

Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio

1. How many Radio Enthusiasts will 'rush' to "Buy" a ETON E1
XM Radio ? many, Many. MANY!

WHY - Because we are into RADIOS and Know What is Inside of the
ETON E1 XM Radio ? But the number of Radio Enthusiasts is a
'limited' Market.

2. How many Everyday radio/electronics buyers will "Buy" a
ETON E1 XM Radio ? very few, Very Few, VERY FEW !

WHY - Because they are NOT into radios and do NOT Know What is
Inside of the ETON E1 XM Radio ? Plus they do NOT 'know' the
"ETON" Brand Name [.] Remember the number of Everyday
radio/electronics buyers is the the 'whole' Market (unlimited).

3. How many Everyday radio/electronics buyers will "Buy" a
Grundig Satellit 900 ? many, Many. MANY !

WHY - Because they are NOT into radios and do NOT Know What is
Inside of the Grundig Satellit 900 ? BUT they Do 'Know' the
"GRUNDIG" Brand Name [.] Again, remember the number of Everyday
radio/electronics buyers is the the 'whole' Market (unlimited).

4. Ten years of waiting on the Grundig Satellit 900 has created
a vast 'potential' Market or "Ready" BUYERS !
WHO - Has been waiting 10 Yrs for an Eton E1 XM Radio ? ? ?

IMHO: Eton Corp. is making a bad, Bad. BAD! Marketing Decision
in Dropping the Grundig Satellit 900 name and using the Eton E1
XM Radio name instead.

I Repeat MySelf: Eton Corp. is making a bad, Bad. BAD! Marketing
Decision in Dropping the Grundig Satellit 900 name and using the
Eton E1 XM Radio name instead.

TBL: I might have paid $675 to $750 for the same radio with the
Grundig Satellit 900 name; but I will have to think hard before
I spend more then $500 on a radio named the Eton E1 XM Radio [.]

The MYTH and LEGEND of the "Grundig Satellit 900" would have
created a News Story and a BUZZ (Free Advertisement) that Money
could not buy for the Eton Corp. Now with the Eton E1 XM Radio
name Eton will have to Active Market the radio and Pay to
Promote the 'eton e1 xm' radio.

For the "Grundig Satellit 900" is indeed a Radio of both MYTH
and LEGEND and the 'eton e1 xm' radio is a 'what' ?

I just noticed something, when re-reading this, that when I
write Grundig Satellit 900; I did not use the word 'Radio'
after it like the Eton E1 XM "Radio".
* For the very Name GRUNDIG to most American Consumers means "Radio".
* For the the very Word SATELLIT (without the 'e') means a
"Top-of-the-Line" World Band Receiver. (High Quality)
* I did not have to 'qualify' what a Grundig Satellit 900 is
for it "IS" a GRUNDIG SATELLIT 900 and that says it All [.]
Can the same be said of the 'eton e1 xm' radio ? ? ?

Either way until the actual name of this radio is fully decided
both the YAHHO! eGroups will continue to exist:

"Grundig Satellit 900" eGroup on YAHOO!
Grundig-Satellit-900 · ETON E1 XM Radio

"Eton E1 XM" eGroup on YAHOO!
ETON-E1-XM-Radio · ETON E1 XM Radio {Grundig Satellit 900}

yilgr ~ RHF
= = = YES - I Love/Like Grundig Radios !

..

..